Q-KMS is a platform developed to configure and manage the kiosks and their hardware components connected to airline/airport systems. It was designed with the guidance of IATA Common Use Self Service (CUSS) principles.
Q-KMS platform supports kiosks in both dedicated single-application (DSAM) and multi-application (MAM) modes. The most central component of Q-KMS is application manager to coordinate and manage applications and events related. Application manager performs the following major functions:
- Coordinating multiple applications in MAM mode.
- Watching applications by the means of operation system, interrupts them if necessary
- Restarting applications as scheduled.
- Publishing the events to the applications and other stakeholders.
- Accepting remote requests from Q-KMS Server such as the commands to change the states of applications, testing or querying hardware components.
Common Launch Application (CLA) is a GUI provided by Q-KMS has the following basic functionalities:
- Taking control of the screen if none of the applications is available to do that and providing appropriate GUI in such cases.
- Testing hardware devices, diagnosing issues.
- Assisting airline staff to help passengers who are having problems using kiosk.
- Monitoring events and logs that system generates
- Checking configuration of the kiosk
Q-KMS can be used both as a stand-alone product and as a platform integrated to our other products such as KAPP, ALAPP and customer adaptations.